Home Sermons Services Publications Links
Mustard Seed November/December 2013
Letter From the Editor
World Watch - What is Behind the Current News?
The Total Lunar Eclipses (Blood Moons) of 2014 and 2015
The New Gospel - "Tolerance"
The New Gospel - "Tolerance"
Over the years that I have heard the Word of God expounded by our local minister. I have often wondered how it could/would be possible for mankind to become so twisted and perverted to the point; that mankind would kill the very saints of God and think that they are doing God a service. God gives us warning about this.
If you would open your bible to John 16:2 it reads, "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time comes, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God a service. And these things they shall do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. "
Have you noticed that over the past few years, how we are being told through various media outlets not to discriminate against anyone, that we should "tolerate diverse viewpoints and lifestyles?" At first the phrases being used to promote “tolerance” were soft and accommodating, they went something like this -- "Let's agree to disagree"; "Who am I, that I should judge anyone"; "just keep an open mind" and of course the newest saying now-a-days “Don't judge me!”.
Today, several federal laws have been enacted that protect and encourage almost every type of perversion, including “same sex marriage licenses”.
The following statement was read by school Principal Jody McLoud over the P A system at a football game at Roane County High School in Kingston Tennessee. She said, "It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and country. Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it, 'an alternative lifestyle,' and if someone is offended, that's OK."
"I can even use this public facility, to present the merits of killing an unborn baby, as a 'viable means of birth control'. If someone is offended - no problem. I can designate a school day as, 'earth day' and involve students in activities to worship religiously and they can praise the goddess, 'mother earth' and call it 'ecology and evolution'".
"This appears to be, inconsistent at best -- and at worst -- diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except God and His commandments. Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst - hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add any intentional transgression."
"For this reason, I shall 'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's,…' and refrain from praying at this time .... however, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God, and ask Him, in the name of Jesus, to bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law---yet."
Lately, in the religious community we hear phrases like: "We must learn to "celebrate diversity"; or "Let’s promote cultural harmony"; how about this one - “we must learn to focus on the things we have in common, not on our differences”. What we really need to do is ask ourselves the following questions: Where do I (we) stand on these issues - abortion, homosexuality, pornography, pedophilia, premarital sex; what about adultery, idolatry, stealing, etc? Where do we stand on keeping the Sabbath and Holy Days of God? Sadly, far too many of God's people have been and are being seduced by the “spirit of tolerance”. This new gospel of tolerance teaches:
1) DOUBT - Satan tries to make us doubt that God's way is best. Our adversary wants us to doubt God; His ways, His love, and His faithfulness. Jesus fought our adversary head on with the Word of God, when Satan tried to cause Jesus to waver, Jesus responded with, "It Is Written". So you and I are to hold onto God faithfully, through His Holy Word. What does Hebrews l0:23 say? "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith, without wavering, for He who promised is faithful".
2) DECEPTION - The allusion or false impression of being good .... Proverbs 14:12 teaches us: "There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death”.
3) DISTRACTION – Sports, entertainment, employment, sickness, money, the cares of this world, mundane chores, etc.; are used to keep us from Jesus. In the parable about the man who invited many friends to his banquet, all the invited guests had excuses why they would not come. The man then ordered his servants to go out into the streets and to invite all who would be willing come. Luke 14:15-27.
4) DISCOURAGEMENT - It's not difficult to become discouraged in our world today, as we are “encouraged” to be politically correct and to accept modern intellectualism. We must keep our eyes on Jesus. The apostle Paul was attacked on every side but found his strength in the Lord. God has promised us protection: "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him”. Isaiah 59:19 "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring safely to His heavenly kingdom." Also look up: 2 Timothy 4:18
5) DELAY - Our adversary loves "us" to procrastinate. In Acts 24:24-25 Felix said: "When I have a convenient season". God teaches us to be prompt: "I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments." Psalm 119:60 and "Today if you hear His voice, harden not your hearts." Hebrews 3:15
By using the 5 D's of tolerance, our adversary sets us up to receive his religion of compromise. Yet, you and I have been given the warning from God in I Cor. 10:20-21, "But I say, that the things which the Gentiles, sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that you should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.”
How far is it from teaching tolerance, to enforcing it by law, before it is perceived by people of this world to be evil on the part of those who refuse to give into the attitude of patience and understanding toward those of opposing views, before they begin to imprison and eventually kill those who are in their eyes - intolerant.
I'll close with the following scriptures: I Peter 3:15-16, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evil doers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conduct in Christ".